My Online Presence

I use a wide range of social media sites. Currently, I have accounts on Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, and Tiktok. I post more on Instagram and Snapchat because those are the main sites I go on consistently. I really only use Facebook for my sorority because of our executive council posts updates about events and schedules on there. I post a little bit on Tiktok but I mainly just watch videos of my friends and celebrities on it. My Instagram is filled with pictures of myself, my family, and friends. I also post a lot about when I had cancer to bring awareness to Leukemia and to show other patients that they can beat it just like I did! I never made my cancer "private" because while I was going through my treatments, there was a Facebook account made with over 1,000 members in it for people to send their love and for my family to give updates about my health and progress. I would constantly talk about the ugly side of having cancer that not many people know about. People who have never experienced cancer or know someone who has, mainly have seen it on the tv screens. I made sure to debunk a lot of misconceptions about being a teenager and having cancer was like!
I believe there are positive and negative effects of social media. Social media can be an amazing place to spread positivity and post about life events you are proud of or just want to post for fun! With every positive, comes a negative, and with social media, I tend to believe there is more evil than good. A lot of people get self-conscious about the way "Instagram models and influencers" look and compare themselves to the unrealistic body images that are posted. I will even admit to sometimes comparing myself to models and influencers who look perfect because that is just a natural response. People tend to also only post the good in their lives which could make someone feel bad about their own lives. I like to post the bad, the good, the ugly, the pretty, and the real because I don't want people thinking my life is perfect because no body's life is perfect. A lot of people who have a large online footprint, like celebrities or influencers, get bullied online through comments and direct messages. Sometimes people don't realize the pain someone can feel from reading a comment on their post about their outfit or their weight or their makeup or whatever else it may be. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Invention of Motion Pictures

Whats Covered by the First Amendment and What Isn't

Covid 19 & Social Media